These math stations delve into scatter plots with a focus on correlation and informally analyzing lines of best fit. Students will create, analyze, estimate and explain. Students will develop a deep understanding of this content after completing these math stations.
The following stations are included:
• Create and Analyze: Students will create and analyze a scatter plot. Noticing correlation, outliers and clusters.
• Lines of Best Fit: Students are given a scatter plot and are to informally draw and write an equation for a line of best fit. This is done by estimating not by actually calculating. They will then use the line of best fit to make predictions.
• Sketching Correlations: Students will sketch various scatter plots given certain correlations.
• Correlation Situations: Given situations, students will determine the type of correlation and will also create situations for certain correlations.
• Letter Writing: Students will write a letter to their friend about everything they learned about lines of best fit.
These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments. A recording sheet and answer sheet are included.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ 8th Grade Math Statistics & Probability Common Core Mini Assessments
▸ Functions Math Stations
This Product is Part of the Following Bundle(s)
▸ Middle School Math Stations
▸ Math 8 Resources Bundle Middle School Math
★ Follow me for more great products to make sense of math
If you enjoy this product, I'd appreciate your positive feedback
© MakeSenseofMath2017 One product purchase is for one teacher