This Scavenger Hunt is a fun and exciting way to get your kids moving and to help them review the first few months of common core. Problems include multiplying and dividing whole numbers, place value, and order of operations. It covers 7 “I can” statements.
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The last slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a different sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started. There are no labels for word problems. We don’t want to give any answers away.
5) Have students write down what the picture and answer is for each question as they go so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost) so you can check it against your answer key.
5.OA.1 I can use order of operations to evaluate numerical expressions with parenthesis and brackets
5.OA2 I can write, record, and interpret simple expressions.
5.NBT.1I can understand and explain the value of digits.
5.NBT.1 I know whole number place values
5.NBT.2 I can explain powers of 10
5.NBT.5 I can multiply multi-digit whole numbers
5.NBT.6 I can divide four-digit dividends by two-digit divisors