Have you seen the preview?
This Scavenger Hunt is part of : BUNDLE - Standard and Vertex form of Quadratic Functions
This activity will allow students to move around the room. There are 16 cards with 16 different problems assessing the understanding of Characteristics of the Standard Form of Quadratic Function
. There are 4 type of questions covered in this scavenger hunt.
There are several type of questions covered in this scavenger hunt:
• Given the standard form of quadratic function, find the vertex and the axis of symmetry.
• Given the standard form of quadratic function, determine the direction of opening and whether the parabola opens up or down.
• Given the standard form of quadratic function, determine the coordinates of the y-intercept
• Given the standard form of the quadratic function, graph the function.
• Work with real world applications (4 applications) - may use a regular calculator or a graphing calculator (as you wish)
• Find the range of a quadratic function written in standard form
• Determine whether the parabola of the given standard form of quadratic function has a maximum or minimum value.
All questions may be completed using x=-b/(2a).
If you're looking for a the basic features of the standard form of quadratic functions, check out the Scavenger Hunt - Standard Form of Quadratic Functions - Basics
This activity maybe used as a review before an assessment on this concept.
Students will feel better after this activity as they understand the concept better while working as a team.
How to play?
After you assign the first card, students will locate the card around the room and answer the question on the card. Then, after solving the question with their partner (or group or individually), student will find the answer as it is placed on another card around the room. Then, student will answer the question on that card repeating the process. Students will utilize the Scavenger Hunt Answer form to keep a record of their answers as well as their sequence. I will strongly encourage that student show work and attach it to the answer form.
I have attached a visual organizer of the findings which would help in checking out the sequence quickly. It is an "A"wesome
card which could be given to every student. You may choose to print 1 per page or 4 per page. Both printing options are included in this product.
This activity is a great tool for differentiation. It could be used as a review before a quiz or a test on this topic, TASK CARDS, Cooperative Learning, ... et .. It is a great way of "Cooperative Learning". It also could be used as a formative assessment.
In addition to the Scavenger Hunt file, you'll find an answer form to be used by students as well as an answer key. Don't forget to check the preview.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺.
Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺
for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺