Have you seen the preview?
This activity will allow students to move around the room. There are 12 cards with 12 different problems illustrating the 12 models of writing a quadratic model. The 12 questions ask to write the quadratic equation in either a standard form or a vertex form under certain givings in the question. Students will have to find:
1. SF equation of QF given the VF equation of the QF of parabola
2. VF equation given the SF equation of the parabola
3. SF equation given the vertex and a point
4. VF equation given the vertex and a point
5. SF equation given the vertex and the y-intercept
6. VF equation given the vertex and the y-intercept
7. SF equation given 3 points on the graph of the parabola
8. VF equation given 3 points on the graph of the parabola
9. SF equation given the graph of the parabola
10. VF equation given the graph of the parabola
11. SF equation given the intercept form of the parabola (the parabola is written as the products of its factors)
12. VF equation given the intercept form of the parabola
In addition to the Scavenger Hunt file, you'll find a worksheet which has a total of 72 questions to allow for more practice on finding the quadratic equation of a function.
How to play?
After you assign the first card, students will locate the card around the room and answer the question on the card. Then, after solving the question with their partner (or group or individually), student will find the answer as it is placed on another card around the room. Then, student will answer the question on that card repeating the process. Students will utilize the Scavenger Hunt Answer form to keep a record of their answers as well as their sequence. I will strongly encourage that student show work and attach it to the answer form.
I have attached a visual organizer of the findings which would help in checking out the sequence quickly. It is an "A"wesome card which could be given to every student. You may choose to print 1 per page or 4 per page. Both printing options are included in this product.
This activity is a great tool for differentiation. It could be used as a review before a quiz or a test on this topic, TASK CARDS, Cooperative Learning, ... et .. It is a great way of "Cooperative Learning". It also could be used as a formative assessment.
In addition to the Scavenger Hunt file, you'll find an answer form to be used by students as well as an answer key. Don't forget to check the preview.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺. Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺ for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺ store!!!
20 pages (12 Questions + Answer Form/Key + Path Organizer)