Includes activities for German AP students learning about Schönheit und Ästhetik.
Contains activities and vocabulary related to the following themes: Was ist „schön“?; Märchen analysieren und Schneewittchen lesen; diskutieren, ob schön wirklich besser ist; innerlich oder äußerlich attraktiv; diskutieren, wie man sich schön macht.
- Unit overview (explains how to sequence this unit and references additional material available for free online)
- Vocabulary list
- Worksheets and Power Point to discuss works of art*
- Essay writing question related to Schneewittchen
- Socratic Seminar for inner and outer beauty (based on a Rubric by Angelika Becker and Laura King)
- Blog Entry (alternative to Socratic Seminar)
- Der Spiegel (song lyrics with questions to analyze the song)
- Brainstorming worksheet to list how people make themselves beautiful
- Fly Swatters game board to review vocabulary at the end
- Unit Quiz that includes a vocabulary section and essay writing section
Please note: This unit is designed for AP students. It would not be appropriate for lower levels.
* These activities can be purchased separately.