Do you love the Scholastic Thanksgiving Website? Do you share the historical letters with your students? Are you looking for ways to help your students read these historical letters closely? Look no further! This resource has all you need to get your students reading carefully and pulling facts from the text.
This product supports the Scholastic website for The First Thanksgiving:
I have created several guides for students to use as they visit the First Thanksgiving Website. These guides will help them pull key information from the sites to gain an understanding of life on the Mayflower, the struggles of Plimoth, and The First Thanksgiving.
Website Resources in this Product:
- 3-2-1 organizer about the Mayflower
- Daily Life comparison between Pilgrims and Indians
- I Am Poem (Culminating Activity)
This product also provides activities to accompany the letters found here:
These letters are FANTASTIC! I loved sharing them with my students, but wanted something they could do independently, in small groups, or whole class to show me that they were reading carefully and pulling information from these documents. I created graphic organizers to go with the letters.
The graphic organizers include:
- 5 Senses visualization chart for the Mayflower letter
- List of reasons life is gloomy during the beginnings of the new colony
- Problem/Solution chart
- List of things the Indians notice about the new visitors in their area