This comprehensive pack includes interactive crafts, worksheets, games, flashcards and much more. Whilst the principle focus of this pack is on school vocabulary and teaching language, the games and activities it contains are excellent for supporting transition and helping to prepare children for school.
By working through the pack, children are encouraged to listen and follow instructions, maintain concentration on a given task, talk about themselves, learn about others and develop social skills.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* All About Me Mini Book – Children can create their very own mini book to describe themselves and share important information. A useful exercise for increasing confidence and self awareness before meeting new friends.
* Jigsaw – Colour & Draw – Children can familiarise themselves with items they might see at school, practice their colour recognition, cutting and problem solving skills.
* School Dominoes – A variety of options provide opportunity for children to match, practise colouring, cutting and gluing techniques, or work on their word recognition and literacy skills.
* Pencil Case – Children will enjoy this simple craft activity by carefully following instructions, measuring, cutting and sticking to create their very own pencil case.
* Playing Cards – Use these fun playing cards to involve children in a number of games that will encourage group interaction, taking turns and following instructions, whilst again building on problem solving, word recognition and literacy skills.
* Graphing Dice – Another fun craft activity that can then be used in a multitude of ways to practice vocabulary, creating sentences and counting.
* School Picture Crossword – Further familiarisation with school vocabulary.
* Wordsearches including Make your Own Wordsearch – A variety of difficulty levels are provided plus a blank wordsearch grid with picture prompts for children to make their own wordsearch. More vocabulary, word recognition and spelling practise.
* How Many? – A fun worksheet to remember school vocabulary and work on counting skills.
* School Objects Fortune Teller – Help children to create their fortune teller using folding techniques then use the activity suggestions for fun ways to practise colour, word and number recognition through a variety of learning games.
* School Matching Cards – Use these fun cards in a variety of ways at a variety of levels to further promote school vocabulary and literacy skills.
* School Mini Cards – Even more learning game suggestions!
* School Flashcards – Use in a number of ways; as visual prompts, for language games or to display in your setting.
Plus detailed instructions, suggestions and activity descriptions for each section!
Complement your unit on school with our collection of school songs and other related resources on www.kidsclubenglish.com
If you like this resource you might be interested in some of our other story themed resources:
Go Away Big Green Monster Activity Pack - Learn through stories and craft
Walking through the Jungle Activity Pack - Learn English through Craft
One Duck Stuck Activity Pack - Learn through Stories and Craft
Elmer Activity Pack - Learn through Stories and Craft
After you've had a chance to use this product, we'd really appreciate it if you could visit us again to leave your feedback and comments. It really helps us improve our resources.
How to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We'd really love it if you'd rate our item after downloading! Feedback is so VERY important!
Follow our Store
Click on the green star next to our store logo to receive upcoming sales, freebie and product launches, and email updates!