Also included in
- Preschoolers find something exciting about school buses when it's back to school! Keep them engaged in learning with these fun and exciting activities!This Back to School Preschool School Bus Bundle is jam packed with Math Center Activities, Literacy Center Activities, and even includes Print &$8.00$16.00Save $8.00
- There is something exciting about school buses when it's back to school! Keep your students engaged in learning with these fun and exciting activities!This Back to School Kindergarten School Bus Bundle is loaded with Math Center Activities, Literacy Center Activities, and even includes Print & G$12.00$23.80Save $11.80
This School Bus Beginning Sounds Sort is a super cute back to school themed resource! It makes an excellent literacy center activity for preschool or kindergarten!
This resource helps to reinforce letter recognition skills, beginning sounds, vocabulary, and phonological awareness. Phonological awareness is a very important skill students need to master before learning to read and write.
Activity: Students choose a school bus. Say the name of the letter on the bus and the sound it makes. Then find the windows with the pictures that begin with that letter sound.
Students could also do this activity in reverse by choosing the picture first, say the name of the picture, beginning sound, and then matching it to the school bus with the correct letter.
- directions page
- 26 pages of school buses (each with an uppercase letter and lowercase letter and 3+ windows with pictures to match) (**See below for pictures**)
**Some letters have more pictures than others. This was intentional to give you more of a variety and the option to pick and choose which pictures work best.
What beginning sound pictures are included?
- Aa- apple, ant, astronaut, angel, acorn
- Bb- bear, button, bee
- Cc- cake, car, cat
- Dd- donut, dinosaur, dog
- Ee- elephant, envelope, egg, eagle, eraser
- Ff- football, flower, farmer
- Gg- gumball, guitar, goat
- Hh- hamburger, heart, house
- Ii- iguana, ink, igloo, ice cream, ice
- Jj- jar, jam, jelly fish
- Kk- kangaroo, ketchup, king
- Ll- lion, leaf, lemon
- Mm- mouse, milk, monkey
- Nn- nail, nest, nurse
- Oo- olive, octopus, ostrich, otter, orange, owl
- Pp- pizza, pumpkin, pig
- Qq- queen, quarter, question
- Rr- rainbow, robot, rabbit
- Ss- sock, saw, soap
- Tt- turtle, tooth, turkey
- Uu- up, underwear, umbrella, uniform, unicorn
- Vv- vest, violin, volcano
- Ww- watermelon, wagon, whale
- Xx- xylophone, x-ray fish, x-ray
- Yy- yo-yo, yogurt, yarn
- Zz- zoo, zebra, zipper
Click HERE to download a FREE sample!
Here are some more resources that you may be interested in: