The 'School Carnival Design' is a fantastic project for upper primary/middle school students, as it requires collaboration, problem solving and creativity, as well as fundamental math skills such as addition and multiplication.
Under the premise of planning a school carnival, students must work with a monetary budget and work collaboratively to make decisions about:
1. The number and types of attractions they will have, as these generate income but also cost money to hire
2. The food stalls they will provide, as they must cater for a variety of customers
3. The cost of entry, as it is important to entice customers but also generate a profit
4. The theme of their carnival, as more creative themes will attract more customers
5. The location and layout of their carnival, as this depends on the layout of their school grounds
6. The way in which they will present their ideas and promote the event
At the completion of the booklet, students will have not only designed a realistic and unique school carnival, they will have also developed an advertising campaign for their event (assessment criteria included) and developed their communication, problem solving and mathematical skills.
As the research is provided and the only resource required to carry out this activity is square grid paper, it's a great resource for casual teachers!
Want a discount on your next purchase?
• After purchasing this product simply provide feedback and you can earn TpT credit!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
If you like this product you may also like:
• Soccer World Cup Tour Design - A group problem solving math activity
• Adventure Time Theme Park - A group problem solving math activity
• Creative Writing Bundle For Grades 2-6