These one-page lessons have great ideas for hands-on, garden-based learning that can be used within or outside the classroom walls.
- Seed Match (related handout): Understanding How Plants Begin as Seeds
- My Life as a Fruit or Vegetable: Following Food From Farm to Fork
- Eat Your Plants: Eating Garden Produce for a Healthy Body
- Frozen, Canned or Fresh?: Tasting and Testing the Harvest
- Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other: Gathering, Grouping and Guessing Garden Objects
- Let's Make Compost Cake: Nourishing and Nurturing Soil With Compost
- Shake, Rattle & Roll: Analyzing Soil Composition for Plant Health
- Read the Roots: Conserving Resources by Watering Efficiently
- Bug Sweep: Observing and Identifying Garden Insects
- California Crops: Discovering What Grows Where in the Golden State
- Busy Bees: Investigating the Pollination Cycle
The California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating youth throughout California about the importance of agriculture in their daily lives. For additional free resources, visit LearnAboutAg.org.