See the school issues task cards by downloading the preview.
These tasks serve many purposes: They...
1) Teach students about perspective and point of view.
2) Force students to think critically about real world school issues.
3) Foster student understanding of the complex process of decision making.
4) Create a "step into the shoes of others" experience.
5) Build respectful and responsible school citizens.
This item includes:
Simplified teaching directions.
A suggested read aloud with discussion.
A classroom anchor chart defining perspective and point of view.
A student work example.
12 tasks relevant to common school issues.
Blank templates for creating original tasks (for teacher or student use).
This item encourages students to debate opinions, thoughts, and ideas, but also see things from another's perspective and point of view.
"Working hard to make teaching easy." -Smarter Teaching