This social story describes five rules a special education student must remember:
1. I cannot say "no" to my teachers.
2. I cannot laugh at my friends who are sad.
3. I cannot pick spots in line.
4. I cannot pick colors of things I want, my friends need a turn to pick too.
5. I cannot pick who gets chosen first or last. My teachers choose.
This specific student who the social story was written for is a very rigid, routine-oriented child who engages in tantrum behavior when they do not get their way. This social story outlines these five rules and incorporates replacement behaviors as well as what consequences may occur due to the behavior choices the student makes.
I also have a word file if you would like to edit. Please email me if you would like it.
The social story is a total of five pages, cut into four for a total of 18 pages of a book.
Cut the page as following: