Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
45.57 MB | 41 pages
A School-Wide Reading Incentive Program
A Guidebook for Grades 1-5
Comes with a School Site License
The R.E.A.D. Program has been inspiring young readers for seventeen years! Are you looking for an incentive program to inspire and motivate young readers to significantly increase their reading outside of the school day? This program has a proven record of averaging over 12,000 books yearly! It’s a “Book Club” for students, run by trained volunteers, with book incentives to continue the excitement of books. Check out the preview with the program overview!
It requires a program coordinator to oversee the entire program with enthusiasm and a passion for reading. This person is responsible for making sure every component of the R.E.A.D. Program is being consistently implemented across all grade levels. It is so rewarding to walk down the hall and have students talk to me about their new book or ask me if I can order a certain book. A true sign that this program promotes books, reading, and engagement!
This product includes:
• A school site license
• Program Coordinator Handbook for implementation
• Volunteer Training Packet
• Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
• Yearly Tracking Data Sheet for Volunteers
• Student Validation Forms (PDF sample and Open Word document for customizing)
• Monthly and End-of-Year Student Recognition
• R.E.A.D. Brochure (PDF sample and Open Word document for customizing)
• R.E.A.D. Conference Sheet
• Basic Conference Procedure and Question Guide
• Genre specific labels for R.E.A.D. cabinet books
• Signs for in and out of the R.E.A.D. cabinet
• Excel document for tracking data
A percentage of my sales from this product are donated to the R.E.A.D. Program in the school in which I teach. I hope you find the same success with this program, as “the greatest gift is a passion for reading” [Elizabeth Hardwick].
You can get TPT credit to use on future purchases!
Login and go to your "My Purchases" page. Beside each purchase you'll see a “Provide Feedback” button. Click the button and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Every time you share feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is important to me, as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom, what you may wish to be created, and how I can continuously improve my products. Please consider sharing your thoughts.