Home and school writing journal toolkit equipped with home connect and 59 pages of graphic organizers, checklists, prompts, writing help, paper and much more. Choose what you need to create an outstanding in class or at home journal!
• An explanation of the toolkit: for you or parents
• A "How to" sheet for you or parents
• “My Writing Checklist”
• Brainstorming Box
• Multiple Graphic organizers
• A journal kit including:
- Above items
- writing paper
- 5W bookmarks
- Informational, Opinion and Narrative bookmarks/checklists
- Informational, Opinion and Narrative Transition lists
- Commonly misspelled words and common vocab
- Contractions and homophones list
- Prompt idea pages
- Things I might want to write about page
I have put this journal together in two different ways over the years.
I have printed all of this and put it into a bound journal before, but let me tell you what I started doing recently….
I print a 5W bookmark and writer’s checklist, cut them out and laminate. I punch a hole in the corner, take a binder ring and attach it to a college ruled notebook. I also print the “The things I might want to write about” page and glue it into the cover of each notebook. I then take all the remaining sheets and make a packet to go home for the parents to use as a “toolkit”.
I hope that you enjoy this Young Author’s Journal Toolkit as much as we have in my classroom!