Teaching emergent readers?
This 2 pack of Level A high-interest, school-themed stories target specific sight words (I, like, we, at) while allowing early readers to maintain attention to the meaning in the pictures.
Reading the color version in a supportive setting (i.e. guided reading lesson), making self-to- text / text-to-self connections (i.e. coming to school) helps to ensure comprehension and interest.
The stories come alive in the initial sharing of the color copy. Following up with students’ own black line copies for them to color and practice printing sight words in context is well-received, and they are proud to take it home and share.
Reassembling sentences with colorful word and picture puzzles that match the reader make a fun literacy center that can be recreated at home with a copy students can color themselves!
Personal Classroom Guided Reading Collection:
The Sight-Word-Stage Readers and Writing Sets are an ideal way to start a personal classroom Guided Reading library. Keep the colored copies to reuse year after year, and give students a personal copy to color and keep as familiar reading. There are always enough copies, and missing books are easily replaced!
Reading with a group?
A visual checklist is provided to keep students on task with their Sight-Word-Stages readers and follow-up activities, with the final item reminding them to practice reading their book, and reassembling the sentence strips (also included in color and black + white).
Features of these reader sets:
✔color version, and duplicated black and white copies for students included in 3 versions: 1) original reader 2) trace the sight word, 3) fill in the sight word 4) some sets have one word to trace, and another to fill in
✔visual, color-coded/symbolic directional support
✔meaning supported by engaging pictures
✔two versions of matching sentence strips are included so students can reassemble the sentences (color and black and white)
✔Self-check checklists included in color and black and white to promote student independence
✔fun follow-up activity / activities to reinforce the new sight word(s) / early reading strategies
Try a sample of the SWS stories, free!
- St. Patrick's Day Things - A FREE Sight Word Stages PreEmergent Reader
- Sample pages from Level A School Places are included in this Back to School freebie!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv 2 / B Reader
This product is also available in...
- First Grade Kindergarten Reading Bundle
- Level aa/A School themed – 5 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback.
More Sight-Word-Stages Reader and Writing Activity Sets:
- Level aa Special Times of Year – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- 2 pack Level A Sight-Word Stages Readers, Sentence Scrambles and More Sets! Halloween Costumes and Halloween Count
- Level aa/1 Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween Themed 5 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Levels A/ B – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Level A (+1 Lv A/B) – 5 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Level B (+1 Lv A/B) – 5 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
Back to School:
- Calendar numbers | Summer, Sports, 2D shapes, Back to School theme
- Visual Schedule, centers cards and more!
- This is Super, Special Me! Fun All About Me no-prep printables for K-2!
- Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log - Rejigged!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - strategies for parents and volunteers!
- Dealing With Feelings Story Collection included in New, up and coming best seller: The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (Best deal - all future #DWF TpT products will be added here!)
- Reading Buddy Activities (formerly The Reading Buddy Starter Pack)!
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
Please pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Sight Word Readers | Primer Sight Word Readers | Pre-Primer Sight Word Readers | Sight Words Reading | Sight Words Book | Sight Words Reading Homework | Sight Words Tracing | Sight Words spelling | Sight Words Reading Activities | Sight Words Fluency Readers | Sight Words Leveled Readers | Sight Words Fluency Readers | School Emergent Reader | Distance Learning