Also included in
- Get this ultimate social narratives bundle from Noodle Nook, the perfect printable social stories for older and younger students with Autism. Use these social stories to teach appropriate behavior in general ed AND special ed when you have students who need behavior strategies and improved social s$85.00$102.00Save $17.00
Student will be able to identify reasons schools close, including epidemics, and that their routines will have to change.
This is a printable social narrative for younger and older students with Autism to use during the COVID-19 closures, but works anytime to teach why schools close and that routines will change. Social Stories for general education and special ed students who need behavior strategies or improved social skills. Use scripting and modelling to improve behavior at school!
This social story for behavior at school addresses recent school closures during the Coronavirus outbreak and that routines will be changing.
What You'll Get:
- 12-Page Social Narrative
- 6 Visual Icons to use for a Comprehension Check
- 2 Pages of Comprehension Sorts for *Why do schools close sometimes? and *What happens to me when schools close?
PLUS- Two-page alternate ending in case you are not returning to school this year.
Target Behavior is to understand there will be a change in routine, that you’ll have to do school work at home, and that we have to be patient.
When it comes time to build social skills and appropriate school behavior, Noodle Nook social stories are a must have!
Who Benefits from this Product:
- Special Education Teachers
- Teachers in Autism Units
- Self-Contained Teachers with Students who have Disabilities
- Service Providers who need to address behaviors and social skills
- PLUS General Education Teachers too!
If you are a teacher who works with students who have disabilities and you’re trying to build social skills and socially appropriate behavior, then this is for you!
If you teach students who are elementary aged, or even older students, this social story is perfect for you. The characters are gender and age neutral as well as placed in settings that are not age specific. If you are in high school, middle school, or elementary and are working on this target behavior, then this is for you!
When you write social skills IEP goals and need something to build from, this is perfect since it comes with a comprehension check activity that can be set up in a work station, used in large group, placed in a center, or used as a small group activity. It is perfect for you!
Check out more activities like this in the Noodle Nook TPT Store, including more social stories and social story bundles:
AND you may want to check out these other COVID-19 resources including:
- FREE COVID-19 Social Story
- Outbreak Cut and Paste Word Work Worksheets
- Weather Cut and Paste Word Work Worksheets
Feedback & Followers:
Fabulous Printables Love Feedback!
Ratings make the TpT world go ‘round :)
AND Earn you points to get more for less.
Follow me to be the first to know about my new sales, freebies and products! Look for the green star near my store name and click it to become a follower. You'll receive updates directly to your inbox that will help you work smarter, not harder. Woo-hoo!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
This resource was created by Ayodele Jones © 2020. All rights reserved by authors. The materials in this unit were distributed and intended for single use only. The purchaser may reproduce copies for students in your classroom for classroom use only. You may not share with other teachers in your building, district, or otherwise. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Additional licenses can be purchased for multi-use at a discount. Please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.