This book companion was created to go along with the read aloud, School's First Day of School by Adam Rex. This resource includes questions about the story and conversation starters to help your students develop rules or norms for their classroom and school. Questions are laid out in three different options (all options have the same questions):
- One-Sided Printing Booklet
- Two-Sided Printing Booklet
- Non-Booklet Worksheets
NOT ALL PAGES ARE SHOWN IN THE PREVIEW, but please view the preview to see more!
This resource includes the following to help your class make rules and norms for back to school:
- KWL About My Teacher (not included in booklets)
- KWL About My School (not included in booklets)
- My Class Rules
- My Class Norms
- My School Rules
- My School Norms
- RACE Writing Rubric! (not included in booklets)
- Comprehension Questions to analyze the read aloud story: School's First Day of School
Graphic Organizer to Compare & Contrast how the School felt at the beginning from how the School felt at the end of the story.
Check out the other resources that also go with School's First Day of School by Adam Rex
- School's First Day of School & Creating Classroom Rules/Norms Booklet
- Back to School Craftivity
- STEAM/STEM Challenge
Personal Use Only!
This resources is for personal classroom use only and may not be used to create resources for sale or given away as freebies.
© To The Fourth and Beyond - Anna Monteil. Single classroom use only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses at a discounted price.
Keywords: back to school, creating rules, classroom management lesson, schools first day of school, adam rex, read aloud activities