Schwa Sound Spelling Activities for Orton-Gillingham Lesson Plans
What educators are saying
SCHWA sounds can be challenging for students, but this phonics pack has everything you need to use a multisensory approach to teach SCHWA for reading and spelling. It is suitable for Orton-Gillingham instruction and other reading interventions to encourage phonemic awareness.
This SCHWA resource focuses on the following SCHWA sounds:
-en, -et, -al, -on, -om, -op
Please preview before downloading!
- SCHWA Word List for -en, -et, -al, -on, -om, -op
- What is SCHWA? Mini Posters
- New Clip & Write Cards
- Sorting Materials & Practice Charts for Identifying SCHWA
- Hit the Target! Syllable Division Puzzle Card Game
- Practice Sheets, Guess the Word, Missing Letters, Finish the Sentence
- Cursive Handwriting Practice
- THREE Decodable Stories and Sentence Strips for Fluence and/or Dictation
- A Choice of THREE SCHWA Games: Spinner Game, Connect Four Style Game, and Syllable Division Game
* This resource is included in The Complete Orton-Gillingham Bundle Part Two.
A SCHWA A resource is also available for separate purchase. Download more SCHWA Word Work Practice.
Try a FREE sample game from this SCHWA pack! Download here.
Check out more Orton-Gillingham resources!
--About The Literacy Nest, LLC—
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!