This is a fun and simple research project that is appropriate for science, chemistry, biology, physics or tech classes. This project is a great way to hit many of the COMMON CORE STANDARDS for Writing and Language for Grades 6-11. Download the preview to see the entire list of common core connections.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT:
Students make a science (or chemistry, physics, biology, anatomy, technology or astronomy) themed calendar for the school year (September to August).
OUTLINE OF THE PROJECT:
1) Students are assigned a month in the school year.
2) For this month, they will have to research 4 different historical events related to science (or chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy, astronomy or technology) which occurred on some date in the past for the month they are assigned.
3) They will write a description of all four events on a premade Student Project Page template that contains science (or chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy, astronomy or technology) related clipart.
4) They then affix the appropriate calender month to the bottom of their entries to create a real usable, informative and eye-catching calender.
Once you have completed entries for each month you can make an entire calendar that can be put up in your own class, given to other teachers and the office staff or even given to parents as a gift.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT:
1) A TEACHER'S GUIDE with full description of the steps involved in the project as well as ideas for implementation for different grade levels and abilities.
2) A STUDENT INSTRUCTION HANDOUT with Instructions, Data Collection Sheets and Student Completion Checklist.
3) COVER PAGES for the Calendar, including a blank template. (Each cover is 8.5” x 11” landscape). This is very eye catching and contains a lot of clipart.
4) STUDENT PROJECT PAGES – for science, biology, chemistry, astronomy, anatomy, physics and technology. (Each project page is 8.5” x 11” landscape). I have also provided the same pages but without the clipart if you prefer that instead.
5) TWELVE MONTH CALENDARS for the next five school years, including a 12 month calendar template for you to customize. (Each month is 8.5” x 11” landscape).
(Download the preview to see thumbnails of all of these resources.)
CLICK HERE TO SEE TANGSTAR'S PRODUCTS FOR OTHER TOPICS