Great science card matching game for learning planet names, space object, space craft, types of stars etc................but also just to have fun!
Each game can last 20-30 minutes so great to use if you have spare time at end of a lesson or want to give students a fun lesson
1. Laminating sheets & a Laminator
2. Color Printer (Optional but highly recommended)
1. Print out 2 x copies of categories (red cards)
2. Print out at least 1x set of copies of items for each categories (blue cards) and bonus cards (orange cards)
3. each sheet and cut
(Optional/tip: Staple together 2 or 3 laminating sheets together and then cut to . All Boxes will match up so it will cut correctly)
4. Separate red cards and blue/orange cards into different 2 sets of
1. Put down red cards in one pile on the table
2. Deal out (Or let the students deal out) blue cards (x4-7 cards each) depending on how long you want the game to last/number of students playing. Put the remaining blue cards in a separate pile
3. Student A turns over a red card and then has put down a blue card which matches that category (e.g Rocky planet/mars).
4. If they cannot match they must pick up another blue card
5. Student A then turns over another red card for the next student to match
6. The first student to get rid of all their cards wins.
Bonus Cards Key ( Person puts down and then the groups goes in the opposite direction to which it was playing, Dosen’t have to match any category, Student picks someone to pick up 1 or 2 cards).
N.B If you have a large class (20-30 students). You will have to print out 3-4 sets of the game