Also included in
- Are you looking for a way to bring differentiation, creativity, and student choice to your science classroom? These Math & Science Choice Boards are just what you're looking for! Your students will LOVE to be able to choose how they show what they've learned. This includes editable choice boards$20.00$29.00Save $9.00
- Are you looking for a way to bring differentiation, creativity, and student choice to your math classroom? This BUNLDE of Choice Boards (Math, Science, Reading, Spelling, & Vocabulary) are just what you're looking for! Your students will LOVE to be able to choose how they show what they've learn$40.00$58.00Save $18.00
Are you looking for a way to bring differentiation, creativity, and student choice to your science classroom? These Science Choice Boards are just what you're looking for! Your students will LOVE to be able to choose how they show what they've learned. This includes an editable choice board where you can create your own choice board.
My students loved Choice Boards. My students worked on their Choice Boards while I met with my small groups for reteaching. They loved to be able to choose how they showed me what they know. I even used their posters and projects in my classroom.
This Science Choice Board is in my BIG Choice Board Bundle. Save now to get a BIG DEAL! BIG CHOICE BOARDS BUNDLE
Top Ten reasons to ❤ choice boards!
1. Students love to be able to make choices in their learning
2. Allow for differentiation
3. Allow for student choice
4. Students can choose according to their multiple intelligence
5. You can have the students do as little or as many as you want
6. You can enforce that students do one or two activities in particular if you choose
7. You can also differentiate among your students how many each activities to complete
8. You can choose to assign them as homework or classwork
9. Students love to be able to choose how they show you what they know
10. Students love them!
Each choice board has 9 activities or projects to choose from. You can have the students do as little or as many as you want, and you enforce that students do one or two activities in particular if you choose. You can have the Choice Boards be independent projects or partner projects.
There are 54 choice boards on specific science topics.
The topics are:
• Conservation of Resources
• Science Investigations
• Experiments & Variables
• Tables, Charts, and Graphs
• Scientific Reasoning
• Model Representations
• Science Careers
• Science Tools
• States of Matter
• Properties of Water
• Mixtures and Solutions
• Forms of Energy
• Heat Transfer
• Circuits and Electricity
• Chemical Reactions
• The Water Cycle
• Physical & Chemical Changes
• Elements & Compounds
• Fossil Fuels
• Layers of the Earth
• Alternative Energy
• Fossils and Weathering
• Weather and Climate
• The Sun and Water Cycle
• Earth's Rotation
• The Earth, Sun, and Moon
• Rocks & Minerals
• The Rock Cycle
• Tectonic Plates
• Earth Processes
• Organisms and Their Environment
• Food Webs & Food Chains
• Environmental Changes
• Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen Cycle
• Adaptations & Survival
• Inherited Traits and Learned Behaviors
• Cells (Plants & Animals) [
• Populations & Communities
• Body Systems
• Scientific Names
• Plant & Animal Life Cycles
• Plant Classifications
• Animal Classifications
• An editable slide where you can create your own choice board
There is a selection of activities for each subject, many of them repeated as needed. Once my students knew my expectations and how to do a certain project, they felt more confident and were more successful in choosing the same project in a different topic. Students will be able to use the techniques, strategies, and activities that they are familiar with and transferring them to different topics.
Some of the projects include:
• Create a poster
• Create an anchor chart
• Design a computer project
• Design and create a game
• Create a 10-question quiz
• Create a foldable
My students enjoyed being able to find a project that they liked and being able to do that project again. It also saved me time so that I didn't have to reinvent the wheel and teach them new projects each week. It was a win-win for both of us; my students were able to work independently on their projects (without any help from me) while I was able to work with my small groups.
A grading rubric along with a self evaluation is also included for you to use in assessing the Choice Boards.
Several examples of choice board projects are included to help you as you implement them in your classroom.
Want more Choice Boards? I have many more, including academic and seasonal ones!
You can also save money by buying the bundle.
Click on the links below to view other products in my store. Thank you for visiting!
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Please visit my website at Southern Fried Teachin’ for more ideas, photos, and freebies!
I ❤ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on Southern Fried Teachin'