Comics, questions, a Power Point presentation, lesson ideas, coloring sheets... This bundle of tools created by The Bonus Point Band has a lot to offer any science teacher. "Rocky Returns" chronicles the story of two soul mates who are torn apart by a greedy miner. Tormented by grief, Rocky flings himself into a pit of lava, while Minnie is sold to a rich widow as jewelry. However, the surprise ending reveals the true nature of the rock cycle.
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 page, 6 frame comic (pdf)
- Power Point presentation of the comic, frame-by-frame
- Science questions pertaining to the comic (pdf and MS Word document)
- Answer Key (pdf and MS Word document)
- "Blank Balloons" version of the comic (pdf)
- JPEG files of each drawing featured in the comic (black and white)
- Rocks, minerals
- Rock cycle
- Igneous rock
- Magma, lava
Reproduce the comic on one side of a
sheet of paper and the questions on the
other. Use the Power Point
presentation to work through the ï¬rst
comic with your class. Then let them work
in teams on the second one.
Allow students to read the comics with
partners taking turns per frame. Encourage them to use expression as they read.
Then allow them to write the comic as
a story on a sheet of notebook paper.
The ï¬nal draft should be 5 paragraphs: Introduction, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution.
- Laminate for Reading Centers.
- Include in your newsletter.
- Act out the stories.
- Create sequels to the comics.
- Use them as coloring sheets/posters.
- Use the "blank balloons" version to
change the dialogue.
Download Science Comics: Book 1
which contains this and 3 other comics for one low price.
"Earth Goes to the Doctor"
"A Light Race"
More comics are on the way. Follow us, and we'll let you know when we have something new. Just click "The Bonus Point Band" above. Then click "Follow Me."
Visit The Bonus Point Band Website
Follow thebpb on Twitter
"Rocky Returns" by Ash Kizer
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License
.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebonuspointband.com