Introduce your students to the scientific method with an interactive notebook and web-based lesson. Students learn a basic five-step process, practice their recall, and then apply their knowledge to real, at-home experiments. An independent way to get kids out of their remote learning space and into the kitchen performing hands-on experiments.
The interactive notebook ends with two activities that assess students' understanding of what they've learned.
In this download you will receive:
- PDF Teacher Guide
- Link to download the Google Slides Interactive Notebook for students
- The original PowerPoint of the Notebook to make your own edits and to insert into other classroom learning applications such as Blackboard or Adobe Virtual Classroom.
Students will learn:
- The basic five-step process of scientific inquiry
- Two examples of experiments with common items such as paint, Mentos, and soda.
- How to create their own question, hypothesis, and experiment
Follow this introductory lesson with a real experiment at home. Go here to purchase the Interactive Science Journal for a Regrowing Experiment that students can easily do with cut veggies and water.
Make sure to follow me for updates about new digital products coming out every few days!