This differentiated hands-on language
packet features 4 different science experiments with 2 levels
of Flip Tab Books
for each experiment. With these Flip Tab Book you can decide what skills to address. Some of the Language skills included are vocabulary, following directions, sequencing, answering comprehension questions, answering critical thinking questions, predicting, articulation, and MORE!
This product is great for upper elementary aged students, as well as, middle school students with a language impairment. These work well with mixed language and articulation groups as well.
Please see the preview
in order to get a more clear idea of the components included in this product.
The following science experiments are included in this packet:
• Surface Tension Art
•Blow up a balloon with Carbon Dioxide
•Float or Sink
•Baking Soda Volcano
Each science experiment flip tab book includes the following:
→ Important Vocabulary and K-W-L chart ←
• Use this list of important vocabulary to introduce or review important vocabulary prior to beginning the experiment. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
• Use this chart to help students understand the information they already know about each experiment, determine what they want to know about each experiment, and organize the information they learn about each experiment. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Follow Directions ←
• Use this page to provide a step-by-step guide to complete the experiment. (Picture diffentiation for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Record Data ←
• Use this page to describe and record the data that was observed during the experiment. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Sequence ←
• Use this page to sequence the steps followed in the experiment. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ Why Does It Happen ←
• Use this passage to teach the students why the experiment worked the way it did. This is the scientific explanation of the experiment. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Answer Comprehension Questions ←
• Use this page to answer comprehension questions from the "Why Does It Happen" passage. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Summarize Information ←
• Use this page to summarize the information learned from "Why Does It Happen" and your experiment results. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Make Predictions ←
• Use this page to answer prediction questions predicting (using the information learned) what will happen with different adaptations to the experiment. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Use Critical Thinking Skills To Answer "Why" Questions ←
• Use this page to answer "why" questions related to the experiment and scientific explanation. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ Alternative Experiments ←
• Use this page to try FOUR altered experiments related to the original experiment. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
→ Alternative Experiment: I Can Record Data ←
• Use these FOUR pages (per experiment) to describe and record data observed with each alternative experiment. Compare the original experiment results to the alternative experiment results. (Differentiated for level 1 and 2.)
→ I Can Say Words That Contian My Speech Sound ←
• Use this page to record words from the experiment or "Why Does It Happen" passage which contain your students articulation targets. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
→ My Favorite Experiment Was ←
• Use this page to wrap up the experiment. Allow students to tell which experiment was their favorite and why. (Same for level 1 and 2.)
Please NOTE all pictures are in color, however, they can be printed in gray scale or black/white if needed.
→ You may also like these Nonfiction Products ←
Nonfiction Endangered Animals
Black History Month
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl