For just 2 minutes a day, you teach your class one fact about space. 180 days later, your class will have built a deep understanding of outer space, far deeper than could be taught in one short unit.
This product contains 180 facts about outer space, ranging from facts about planets, asteroids, comets, different types of stars, galaxies, human space exploration and so much more. Facts are themed by week, with 5 different facts about each topic.
This product is intended to be used all year, starting with back to school. However, it can be implemented at any time throughout the year as well, and you can pick and choose which facts to use.
This product is perfect for the space themed classroom, but can be used in any class. I believe it is particularly ideal for classrooms that no longer have science instruction each day, as it infuses a little bit of science knowledge into each day without taking away time from regular instruction.
The weekly themes include:
- 9 planets
- Moon/Eclipses/Moon Landings
- Asteroids/Comets/Meteroids including famous examples
- Asteroid Belt and Kuiper's Belt
- Different types of stars (including red dwarves, white dwarves, red giants etc.)
- Supernovae and Black holes
- Satellites, International Space Station, Hubble Telescope
- NASA, Neil Armstrong, and so much more!
My suggestion would be to print and then laminate these pages, and then display a new one each day.
Clipart credit goes to:
-Space Clipart by Winchester Lambourne
- Frame by Teachers Clipart