Science Fair Movie Guide and Activities for Middle School
Also included in
- Looking for no-prep, independent middle school STEM activities? How about easy STEM sub plans? Or the perfect STEM movie for a class incentive? Keep your students engaged and extend their STEM learning with these middle school STEM movie guides!All of the STEM in the Middle movie guides include befPrice $64.38Original Price $91.97Save $27.59
- Looking for easy Science sub plans or movie day incentives? Keep your students engaged and extend their science learning with this Science movie worksheet bundle! All STEM in the Middle Movie Guides include before, during and after questions to keep your students engaged and learning throughout thePrice $40.60Original Price $58.00Save $17.40
Need an easy Science sub plan? Maybe a movie day incentive? Keep your middle school students engaged and extend their STEM learning by watching National Geographic's "Science Fair" (2018) documentary.
This National Geographic documentary will inspire your students as they follow the paths of a diverse group of students on their journey to the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). This movie is amazing anytime, but it’s especially great to motivate your students before they start their own science fair projects.
This Science Fair movie guide includes before, during, and after questions to keep your students engaged and learning throughout the entire "movie day." This means you are free to catch up on grades, hold conferences, hang out with your students, or take a much-needed sick day.
What’s included in the Science Fair movie guide?
- Printable PDF, Google, and Easel versions of the student activities
- 3 discussion questions to activate your students’ prior knowledge and explore misconceptions before the movie
- 16 movie comprehension questions focused on the importance of doing science and how students develop award-winning science fair projects
- 3 activities to extend student learning after the movie
- An answer key
Note: You will need to ensure you have access to this video through a streaming platform or rent or buy the film before using the resource with your class.
What are other teachers saying?
"This was a great way to share how other students work through the learning process of a science fair project!" - Bonnie G.
"I used this when I had a sub. The questions were great. It wasn't so taxing that the students were so worked up about getting them all answered that they couldn't keep their attention on the movie, but there were enough questions so that I was able to make sure they were watching and not fooling around." -Kristen M.
"My students loved this movie and this activity. I used it at the end of the year with my 9th-grade students and they found it engaging." -Skye J.
How can the Science Fair movie guide be used in your classroom?
- Introduce students to Science Fair and the process of creating a Science Fair project
- Motivate and inspire your students with the stories of real kids doing science
- Use the resource as a low-prep Science sub plan
- Give your students independent Science work so you can catch up on grades and other paperwork
- Use the film as a movie day incentive in STEM or Science class
- Watch the movie with your students to celebrate World Science Day in November or National Science Day in February
Did you know you can earn credit toward future TPT purchases by leaving a review? If you download this product, please come back and leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TPT
If you liked this product, check out:
Let’s stay in touch!