Are you anxious about teaching and holding a Science Fair with other 3rd, 4th, and 5th teachers at your school? Up to 10 teachers at the same school may use this set of materials at a greatly reduced price of $5 per teacher.
Click the green "Preview" button to see everything in crisp detail and to read the Agreement on page 2 before purchasing to make sure this fits your needs.
The set is editable so you can personalize the materials to fit your needs. The structure and all forms are materials already created for you. You just customize the parts you want.
The project is designed as a homework project to be completed during mid-April to Mid-May (but you can change the dates on the calendar to fit your needs). There is a student directions packet and a student homework packet with calendar and week by week due dates plus all recording sheets needed by students.
3 PowerPoint slideshows introduce the project in detail:
• Teaches the steps in the scientific process
• Introduces the Science Fair project
• Shows photos of completed student project displays
Also included is a practice guided science inquiry experiment with teacher notes and student forms, science fair poster board templates for students who need a little extra help (and to allow for differentiation), colorful wall posters teaching the steps of the scientific process, 2 versions of award certificates to honor the hard work and effort of EVERY child, memory book reflection pages, scoring guides for the project and the speech, and more!
Your download includes 6 file folders with 41 files inside for a total of 219 pages. Included are lots of options so you can customize and personalize this project. The set is in MS Word format, PDF, and Editable PDF, plus PowerPoint.
Need Materials for Multiple Teachers?
Are you are teaching a Science Fair with colleagues? You might be interested in:
Science Fair Licensed Set for Use By Up to 5 Teachers at the Same School
Science Fair Materials for Use By One Teacher
• Quick reference file that explains and shows a thumbnail of the contents of each file
• Introduction to the Science Fair Project packet
• Science Fair Project Directions Packet: Includes all project directions, parent introductory letter, 49 sample science fair questions, student homework calendar of due dates, homework timeline, 3 different scoring guides, speech sign-up schedule, speech scoring rubric
• Science Fair Homework Packet (with and without graphics): cover page, science fair homework calendar of due dates, rough draft scientific process packet, parent letter
• Science Fair Detailed Directions packet: title page with important dates, calendar, parent letter, list of 47 possible topics/questions to be considered for the project, Steps in the Inquiry Science Fair Project list, Display board headings and tips, and speech presentation directions.
• Teacher Notes and Hints including overview, objectives, ideas for differentiation, timeline, pacing guide and note about award certificates.
• Power Point Slideshows: 3 sideshows: Designing Your SF Project, Steps in the Scientific Process, and Photo Examples of past projects
• Scoring Guides for the Project: 4 different options to score the project (rubric, raw score or percentage forms) Editable
• Scoring Guide for the Speech that you can edit
• Science Fair Student Peer Feedback Presentation Student Response Form
• Guided Science Inquiry Lesson with Teacher & Student Notes: a simple experiment that helps students understand the scientific process
• Scientific Method Form for Students: a blank science inquiry form for use with all inquiry projects
• Scientific Inquiry Lesson Student Recording Form – great for differentiation
• Science Fair Word Art Titles for Student Poster Boards (for students in need)
• Science Fair Student Presentation Student Response Form
• Invitation to Families to Attend Science Fair
• Science Fair Speech Schedule & Sign-Up Sheets
• Science Fair Memory Book page: 2 formats to allow for student self-reflection of the project with space for writing and space to add a digital photo or sketch
• Science Fair Award Certificates – 7 different certificates to allow for each child to receive a meaningful award. These also come in editable PDF – type the student’s name & reason for receiving the award & print nice, clean copies! (I love editable PDFS!)
• Posters – Steps in the Scientific Process, Designing Your Inquiry Project (6 files included)
• Poster Templates - Students can use these templates to type their science fair poster information
• Editing Tips and Adding Clip Art
• Tips for Using Editable PDFs
Science Fair Testimonials:
♥ I just want to thank you for creating such a comprehensive product. Every year I usually dread science fair time because there is just so much to do. This year after purchasing your science fair packet I am stress free. You included EVERYTHING that I could ever think of for science fair. Thank you very much for making this school year one of the best. ~M.E.
♥ This packet really made planning our first grade-level science fair much easier. A project, which may have seemed overwhelming to students, was chunked into easily completed tasks. The students loved this process. ~H.C.
Students love this project and feel great success. Enjoy the excitement of inquiry science!