Are you nervous about teaching Science Fair? Not sure where to begin? This science fair unit has EVERYTHING you need to teach the science process, teach, and put on a great science fair and it's EDITABLE, so you can customize this to fit your needs! This would be a great at home distance learning project!
The project is designed as a 5-6 week homework project to be completed during mid-April to Mid-May but it's editable so just change the dates on the calendar to fit your needs. Use the student directions packet and student homework packet with calendar and week by week due dates to set the pacing you want. All student recording sheets are included.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: You have permission to upload and use this product as a digital product with Google Drive and Google Classroom with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view.
PowerPoint slideshows introduce the project in detail:
• Teaches the steps in the scientific process
• Introduces the Science Fair project with detailed directions
Also included is a practice guided science inquiry experiment with teacher notes and student forms, science fair poster board templates for students who need a little extra help (and to allow for differentiation), colorful wall posters teaching the steps of the scientific process, award certificates you can personalize to honor the hard work and effort of EVERY child, memory book reflection pages, scoring guides for the project and the speech, and more!
Your download includes 6 file folders with 195 pages of materials. Included are lots of options so you can customize and personalize this project. The set is in MS Word format, PDF, and PowerPoint.
• Quick reference file that explains the contents of each file folder
• Introduction to the Science Fair Project packet
• Science Fair Project Directions Packet: Includes all project directions, parent introductory letter, 49 sample science fair questions, student homework calendar of due dates, homework timeline, 3 different scoring guides, speech sign-up schedule, speech scoring rubric
• Science Fair Homework Packet (with and without graphics): cover page, science fair homework calendar of due dates, rough draft scientific process packet, parent letter
• Science Fair Detailed Directions packet: title page with important dates, calendar, parent letter, list of 47 possible topics/questions to be considered for the project, Steps in the Inquiry Science Fair Project list, Display board headings and tips, and speech presentation directions.
• Teacher Notes and Hints including overview, objectives, ideas for differentiation, timeline, pacing guide and note about award certificates.
• Power Point Slideshows: Designing Your SF Project, Steps in the Scientific Process
• Scoring Guides for the Project: 4 different options to score the project (rubric, raw score or percentage forms) Editable
• Scoring Guide for the Speech that you can edit
• Science Fair Student Peer Feedback Presentation Student Response Form
• Guided Science Inquiry Lesson with Teacher & Student Notes: a simple experiment that helps students understand the scientific process
• Scientific Method Form for Students: a blank science inquiry form for use with all inquiry projects
• Scientific Inquiry Lesson Student Recording Form – great for differentiation
• Science Fair Word Art Titles for Student Poster Boards (for students in need)
• Science Fair Student Presentation Student Response Form
• Invitation to Families to Attend Science Fair
• Science Fair Speech Schedule & Sign-Up Sheets
• Science Fair Memory Book page: 2 formats to allow for student self-reflection of the project with space for writing and space to add a digital photo or sketch
• Science Fair Award Certificates – 7 different editable certificates to allow for each child to receive a meaningful award. Type student names, teacher names, and the date on each.
• Posters – Steps in the Scientific Process, Designing Your Inquiry Project
• Poster Templates - Students can use these templates to type their science fair poster information
• Editing Tips and Adding Clip Art
Are you hosting a Science Fair for your grade level or school? If so, please purchase additional licenses for each classroom using the materials reduced price!
A Few Science Fair Project Testimonials:
♥ I just want to thank you for creating such a comprehensive product. Every year I usually dread science fair time because there is just so much to do. This year after purchasing your science fair packet I am stress free. You included EVERYTHING that I could ever think of for science fair. Thank you very much for making this school year one of the best. ~M.E.
♥ This packet really made planning our first grade-level science fair much easier. A project, which may have seemed overwhelming to students, was chunked into easily completed tasks. The students loved this process. ~H.C.
Enjoy a successful and fun Science Fair!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Other Science Products You Might Like: