Our Science Fiction Pack has finally blasted off. Buckle up and take an amazing literary journey into outer space where you will meet fearsome aliens, crazy scientists, terrifying new worlds, and fabulous spaceships. In addition, your class will learn the conventions of the science fiction genre, how to write authentic dialogue for different characters, the use of powerful vocabulary and complex punctuation to create vivid descriptions, as well as how effective short sentences can pull readers into a story and much, much more.
This is one interstellar trip you and your class are going to love.
CLIMB ABOARD TODAY
The resource consists of a range of Word, Excel and SMART Notebook files which are complete and ready to teach. Slides, extracts, activity sheets and teacher prompts are provided. No other texts or resources are needed!
This pack includes:
1. Science Fiction Theme deconstructed through four dynamic phases:
LEARN, PRACTISE, WRITE, PERFORM
2. The BIG Question – a problem involving deeper thinking around science fiction
3. Exciting, Completely Original Resources which Increase familiarity with the genre of science fiction
4. Highly Engaging Activities which develop inquiry, role play, discussion, debate, research, as well as literacy skills
5. Variety of Written Exercises structured around science fiction which focus on improving sentence construction, use of punctuation and a variety of literary techniques
6. Expansive Writing Task in four parts, detailing a trip to outer space and a new world
7. Wide Range of Group, Partnered and Independent Activities
8. Scaffold Writing Platforms to ensure ALL pupils access the work irrespective of their ability
9. Full Coverage of the English National Curriculum objectives
10. Thrilling Scorecard which incentivises pupils
11. Performance Ideas for celebrating good work
12. Accurate Suggestions for spelling, punctuation and grammar activities to complement each lesson
13. Highly Detailed Planning and Summary Files