Also included in
- I am offering this resource so 3rd grade teachers can receive a discount on Science Penguin purchases.From TpT: "Under TpT's refund policy, we’ll approve a refund request for a Buyer who has purchased “duplicate” material, as long as the initial purchase was made within the last year. This includes$199.00$258.85Save $59.85
Science Interactive Notebook All in One Bundle- This resource is perfect for teachers who are looking to incorporate Interactive Science Notebooks!
This file includes 250 foldable activities, cut and paste, sorts, and graphic organizers AND ideas and resources for setting up your science notebook. Activities for life, physical, and earth science are organized by topic. There are examples for ALL activities!
Take a closer look! Download the preview for 8 free printables.
• Process Skills: science tools, scientific method, testable questions, writing a hypothesis, observations, repeated trials, data, maps, graphs, variables, models, conservation, metric system, scientists, & inference
• Matter: states of matter, physical properties of matter, volume, mass, weight, density, relative density, magnetism, physical change, chemical change, solutions, mixtures, properties of water, periodic table, elements, atoms, molecules, & compounds
• Force and Motion: balanced and unbalanced forces, simple machines, calculating speed, potential and kinetic energy, gravity, forces and motions, & Newton's Three Laws
• Energy: forms of energy, uses of energy, sound, & thermal energy
• Light: transparency, reflection, refraction, & color spectrum
• Electrical Energy: uses of electrical energy, closed and open circuits, conductors and insulators, parallel circuits, series circuits, & electromagnets
• Earth's Systems: layers of Earth, layers of the atmosphere, carbon cycle, & earth's systems
• Weather and Climate: severe weather, weather instruments, comparing temperatures, cloud types, warm and cold fronts, comparing weather and climate, & climate zones
• Water Cycle: processes & water cycle
• Changes on Earth's Surface: plate tectonics, plate motions, types of mountains, rapid changes, volcanoes, earthquakes, ocean floor, causes of weathering, erosion, and deposition, physical and chemical weathering, canyons, deltas, & sand dunes
• Natural Resources: renewable and non-renewable resources, types of fossil fuels, formation of coal, & alternative energy resources
• Rocks and Fossils: classification of rocks, metamorphic, sedimentary, igneous, properties of minerals, & fossils in sedimentary rock
• Soil: characteristics of soil, layers of soil, texture, & formation of soil
• Solar System: order of the planets from the Sun, Sun characteristics, Moon characteristics, Earth characteristics, the Sun-Earth-Moon System, planets, mass and weight, & meteors, comets, and asteroids
• Cycles in Space: lunar cycle, tides, seasons, shadows, & day and night
• Life Cycles: plant reproduction, plant life cycles, mealworm life cycle, ant life cycle, salmon life cycle, praying mantis life cycle, complete metamorphosis, & incomplete metamorphosis
• Plants: photosynthesis, phototropism, and carbon dioxide-oxygen cycle
• Ecosystems: biosphere components, ecosystem levels, biotic and abiotic factors, food chains, food webs, decomposers, consumers, herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, trophic levels, & symbiosis
• Traits and Behaviors: inherited traits, learned behaviors, & instincts
• Adaptations: structural adaptations and functions, plant adaptations
• Animals: vertebrates, invertebrates, & endangered species
• Classifying: prokaryotes, eukaryotes, heterotrophs, & autotrophs
• Human Body: body systems, organs, circulatory system, skeletal system, digestive system, excretory system, muscular system, nervous system, respiratory system, eyes
• Cells: animal cells & plant cells
In order to make finding what you need easier, I took the above files and organized them into PDFs by topic. The PDFs in the folder are:
1. Setting Up Your Science Notebook
2. Process Skills
3. Physical Science
4. Earth and Space
5. Life Science
6. All-Around Science Templates
2. These journal activities are all included in one pack because science standards vary by grade level in different states. Also, since you and your students are choosing what to write, many activities can be used in multiple grade levels.
3. Is your state using the Next Generation Science Standards? Instead of the All in One Notebook, I recommend these notebooks for each grade level 2-5 found here. These activities are not included in the All in One Science Interactive Notebook Bundle.
4. Please purchase multiple licenses for a discounted price if this is for more than one teacher. Thank you!
5. This file is not editable.
7. The smaller notebook sets were phased out in Spring 2019 to allow for more templates for you and better organization.
From The Science Penguin