This first unit in the "Science Kids" series helps students learn how to be scientists. Every activity in this packet is aligned with one of the five stages of scientific inquiry. This packet supports the Next Generation Science Standards K-PS2.
The “Science Kids” series of packets is intended to help teachers implement developmentally appropriate, hands-on science activities for children in Preschool, Kindergarten and the early grades. The activities in these packets are based on the scientific method and encourage inquiry-based learning.
The packet includes:
• Color posters of the five stages of scientific inquiry
• Explanation of the stages of scientific inquiry for teachers
• A two-week long, step-by step scientific investigation about balls and wagons
• Printable scientific recording sheets for tracking hypotheses and data
• Discussion guide
• Ideas for sharing student learning
Click to see my entire Science Curriculum