Also included in
- SAVE 25% OFF LIST PRICES! Perfect to introduce lab skills during the first week or the first month of school! Use this set of activities to help middle school students become familiar with basic lab equipment, experimental design, data analysis, and independent and dependent variables. This set o$11.97$15.96Save $3.99
QUICK AND EASY lab activity designed to introduce middle school students to common lab equipment and how to follow directions in a lab. Perfect for the first day or the first week of school! The activity is quite safe for young science students because the only substances used are water, food coloring, yeast, vinegar, and baking soda.
The objectives of this activity are for students to be able to:
- Follow step-by-step directions in a lab
- Identify common lab supplies and their uses
- Cooperate with group members to complete a lab activity
What’s included in this lesson?
- : a simple graphic organizer with the name, picture, and description of common middle school lab equipment
- : 6 Stations designed to give your students practice with simple lab procedures, following directions, and to become familiar with lab equipment
- : Follow-up worksheet to be completed after the lab
- : Short assessment of lab equipment identification
Lab Equipment Included: beaker, test tube, Erlenmeyer flask, pipette, Florence flask (boiling flask), measuring spoon, funnel, stirring rod, graduated cylinder, microscope, thermometer
- Our Measuring Matter Presentation is a nice introduction to this activity.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Answer key included.
- Please view the preview to get a complete supply list.
Please consider clicking HERE to follow Elevation Science on TPT!