This is a complete 4-day unit teaching safety in the science laboratory.
Safety is so important! Take some time to teach it thoroughly with this unit that includes a student page of guidelines, practice sheet, group activity, vocabulary page, and test.
Included in this download are the following pages:
- Complete instructions for the teacher with teaching suggestons
- Laboratory Safety Guidelines - 2 pages for students to keep in their notebook or journal
- Laboratory Safety Vocabulary Terms - 19 terms for students to define plus a blank template for you to add your own terms
- Laboratory Safety and Equipment Review - student practice: 'fill-in-the-blank' and word scramble
- Laboratory Safety Signature Page for student and parent to sign
- Laboratory Safety Skills and Practice - 3-page practice identifying safety infractions and explaining the correct method
- Laboratory Safety group work - students draw their interpretation of the rule they are assigned and share with their peers
- Laboratory Safety Test and Modified Version - 20-question multiple-choice test with 4 answer choices, and an 18-question multiple-choice modified version with 3 answer choices
Students will not be bored with these interesting and challenging activities. Activities can be completed in class, however some are appropriate for homework.
Topics covered: glassware safety, personal safety, chemical safety, fire safety, general laboratory rules.
All answer keys are provided.
You may be interested in
MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet Learning Activities
which teaches students how to understand and read an MSDS.