This easy-to-use science literacy activity is aligned with the NGSS High School Earth and Space Science performance expectations and disciplinary core ideas in ESS1: Earth’s Place in the Universe.
It includes learning objectives, the NGSS alignment for the activity, one science literacy article, assessment questions and an answer key. The activity is ideal to supplement an astronomy, earth and space science lesson or as a substitute teacher lesson plan.
This activity is also included in NGSS Earth & Space Science Astronomy Lesson Plan #40 Impact Cratering .
Upon completion of this activity, students will be able to:
• Explain what the Hadean Eon is.
• List the processes that have been continuously erasing impact craters from the Earth’s surface since the Hadean Eon.
• Explain why scientists propose that we can learn more about the Hadean Eon by studying the surface of the Moon.
• Explain how scientific studies of the Moon can tell us about the relationship between surface ages and the number of impact craters.
• Compare the age of lunar maria to the age of lunar highlands.
• Explain why counting impact craters is not a simple process.
• Explain what the impact cratering method tell us about the age of the Martian surface.
This activity is also included in Earth and Space Science Astronomy Learning Activities MEGA BUNDLE .
I will be adding new learning activities and teaching resources to this MEGA BUNDLE. Purchase it now to receive all yet-to-be-added learning activities and teaching resources for FREE. The price of the MEGA BUNDLE will increase as additional materials are added. Follow me to receive email notifications when new learning activities and teaching resources are added. Notifications are sent via TpT Inbox.
Download this FREE Earth and Space Science lesson plan
to learn more about my lessons plans and teaching resources.
SAVE EVEN MORE by purchasing NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans MEGA BUNDLE - 50+ Turnkey Lesson Plans