The Common Core in Math and Language Arts as well as the Next Generation Science Standards calls for a large increase in non-fiction reading and analysis.
This products addresses Informational Text analysis in the Common Core.
This volume of Science by the Week articles provides teachers with an incredibly easy way to provide students with practice by reading true, current, and interesting science articles.
1. Each article runs on one side of one piece of paper for easy printing.
2. The back of each article contains 5 analysis questions that require students to think.
3. An answer key is given for each article.
These articles have been tested and used by thousands of students in major school districts. They were designed to be given Monday of each week and then discussed in class on Friday but can be used in many different ways.
This volume includes 10 articles with questions and answer keys. Some of the article topics include:
1. The Life Inside Your Belly Button
2. Giant Snail Invasion
3. Why Can't the Armadillo Cross the Road?
4. The Amazing Amoeba
5. Mysterious Red Hippo Sweat
6. Bee Buzz
7. Evolution Punishes the Mean
8. The Lotus Effect
9. Facebook Blues
10. The Blobfish
Give these articles each week to improve skills in science, math, and language arts. Great way to improve test scores as these types of articles are showing up quickly with the common core!
Watch for more volumes to keep going all year long!