This magazine project is a fun way for students to get creative while practicing their writing and research skills as well as reviewing science information in class. The project can easily be modified to suit any grade level or subject. Components to use for this project include:
- Magazine Component Examples: a PPT with visual examples of magazine covers, table of contents, letter from the editor, and articles
- Magazine Preview Questions: Students spend a day perusing various science related magazines and thinking about the information given, the target audience, advertisements, etc.
- Magazine Project Assignment: Lists all requirements and describes "magazine staff" jobs
- Magazine Project Checklist: Students keep track of magazine requirements and get checked off once complete
- Magazine Project Grading Rubric