Science Nonfiction Leveled Passages and Printables - Agriculture
This bundle includes 93 pages of engaging picture book activities, original high-interest nonfiction texts, STEM career texts, graphic organizers, writing prompts, and comprehension practice! These three texts and activities are perfect for reading groups, whole class instruction, seat work, skills assessment, and easy sub-plans!
1) To accompany Catching Cow Burps and Farts, a before reading activity builds background knowledge through a learning cue photograph and discussion. During reading, a problem and solution graphic organizer helps students to think more deeply about the text. The after reading section includes printables with several options for differentiation and individualization. Open ended questions to support comprehension skills and writing prompts to encourage text to self connections are included for three skills: cause and effect, inferencing, and point of view. These options allow you to choose which resources best fit the needs of your students.
**NOTE: This is a set of activities to accompany the picture book that must be purchased separately. The book is not included in this bundle.**
2) A high-interest original nonfiction text Does Farming Help or Harm the Earth? is about the pros and cons of farming. This high interest fiction text was written by a published children's author and went through a professional editing and proofreading process to ensure a high-quality text for your students! Six different Lexile levels (certified!) are included to help you differentiate and individualize instruction. Printable comprehension questions (multiple choice and constructed response), a graphic organizer, and two writing prompts help students to think about both the ELA and science concepts explored in the text.
3) A high-interest original STEM career nonfiction text Growing Crops for the Future is about the career of an Agronomist. This professionally created text also includes six different Lexile levels, comprehension questions (multiple choice and constructed response), a graphic organizer, and two writing prompts – one focusing on the crosscutting concept of energy and matter and one focusing on career skills.
Answer keys and the Common Core Standards addressed are also included with every text!
- Why should I buy THIS set of texts?
Own Professional, Engaging Texts – These texts were written by a professional children’s author, went through an evaluation for accuracy by a university professor, and were professionally edited and produced. These are publisher-quality texts!
Enjoy Magazine Layouts – These high-interest texts are formatted like a magazine page instead of a typical worksheet and are filled with interesting photographs and graphics.
Integrate ELA and Science - The texts help you save time by integrating ELA and science. Printables included with each text focus on both ELA skills and science concepts.
Differentiate Instruction – Instead of only three levels, this set gives you SIX reading levels for each passage, so you can differentiate for a wider range of students.
Be Confident in Certified Levels – Each text has been certified at its Lexile level so you can be confident in the level of each passage.
Make Science Learning Equitable – Six Lexile levels allow all students to learn the same science content regardless of their independent reading skills.
Encourage STEM Careers – Our STEM career texts help students to make the connection between the concepts they are learning in the classroom and potential future career paths.
Save Time With Multiple Uses – These activities are perfect for reading groups, whole class instruction, test-prep, seat work, and easy sub-plans!
- Feedback and Followers
Click the Green ★ to follow my store and get notifications of new product launches and freebies!
And you can receive a freebie (in the form of a TPT credit) right now just by reviewing this product. If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through "My Purchases" under "My Account" at TpT.
- I'd LOVE to connect with you!
©StarrMatica Learning Systems, Inc.
Thank you so much for visiting my store!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.