This simple, useful, and unique resource is an EDITABLE Science Notebook cover with inserts for organization that can be used as part of an interactive science notebook or as sections in a binder. Great for any discipline in science, just print in black and white and allow students to color the cover page for an individualized look. Use this set of dividers and inserts to help keep students’ notebooks organized throughout the year!
• Science Notebook cover sheet to color
• Page Index/Table of Contents page
• Editable Page Index/Table of Contents page (title and column text editable)
• Warm Ups/ Bell Ringers page
• Editable Warm Ups/ Bell Ringers page (title and column text editable)
• Unit page
• Editable Unit page (unit name editable and open space to add your images or text)
• Vocabulary page
• Editable Vocabulary Page (title and column text editable)
During the first week of school I share with my students what a model binder/notebook looks like. They are told in advance what day we are covering binder organization and are advised to either have a section for science in their binder with dividers or to bring in a composition notebook, whatever your preference and students are able to do. I pass out all the sections of this product I am using and together we organize them into their notebook. Extra copies of the index page, vocabulary page, warm ups page/bell ringers, and unit page are provided as needed. If using a binder, copies can be made back to back. The cover page can either go in the front sleeve of their binder, as the first page of the science section of their binder, or as the cover of a notebook (cut out and glued on the front). Students that finish early are allowed to color the cover page! I usually give 5 points for the completion of organizing their binder.
*NOTE: Be sure to scale the page to print at 85% and cut to fit onto and into composition notebooks if you are using them instead of a binder or regular sized notebook!
• Download the font “quick end jerk” for free from Font Squirrel (link provided)
• Click on the word “Editable” and change the text
• Be sure to save your new files to use year after year!
Other Back-to-School Products you may be interested in:
Looking for ways to assess student understanding of the NGSS on tests, pre-assessments, exit tickets, etc.? Then, check out my newest line of NGSS Assessment Questions here: NGSS Assessments and Task Questions
Follow my store at this link to stay up-to-date on my latest NGSS resources! Click here!
Are you on Facebook? Be sure to follow me on Facebook for NGSS FREEBIES, updates on what I’m working on, and of course, science memes! Professor Doubter's Facebook Page
Be sure to rate me to earn TPT credits, check out my other NGSS resources, AND FOLLOW ME TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON MY LATEST RESOURCES!!!