Science Owls | Biomimicry Design Inspired by Nature Compatible with NGSS
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Here is a Bundle with interesting observations of woodland animals, plants and fungi that will help you create a unique unit to get your students interested in nature. The biomimicry approach offers a great way to ignite students' curiosity. Solving design challenges inspired by porcupines forest coPrice $7.60Original Price $13.85Save $6.25
- Looking for fresh ideas to welcome back your students to the new term? With many interesting facts and creative thinking prompts, the included resources in this bundle will help you introduce hours of engaging science activities about animals, plants and fungi to your students. Purchase this bundlePrice $7.60Original Price $15.00Save $7.40
Are you looking for something a little bit special for your owl or bird unit? This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study owls and use creative thinking to explore ideas. You'll be amazed at how engaging it is to use a biomimicry approach with young students. Their creativity and solutions are often surprising and fascinating.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thanks.
Please click the PREVIEW button above to get a better idea of everything included.
This engaging and fun Owl package contains:
1. Introduction to biomimicry.
2. What I know, what I think I know, what I want to know.
3. I am in awe of owls because. . .
4. Interesting facts.
5. What if I was an owl? Invention inspired by eyes.
6. Flying robots.
7. Feathers - invent the quiet machine.
8. Design challenge
9. 2 posters - color and ink-friendly
You may like Puffins | Project Based Learning NGSS Biomimicry STEAM Design Inspired by Nature
Birds' Feet & Legs | PBL NGSS Design Inspired by Nature Biomimicry
Leaving feedback when you purchase a resource earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 72 hours they are posted.
Reviews of other Think Dive - Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
Project based learning: Mammals, Reptiles & Amphibians - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these environment and biomimicry resources? In 2015, I completed a course in Making Sense of Climate Change Denial at the University of Queensland. I was a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design Challenge in 2021.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.
#projectbasedlearning #animals #bird #owl #digitalactivities #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #digitalactivities