Both graphical and data analysis are used to take experimental data and generate an equation. This lab assumes that students have already mastered graphical analysis and are now ready to learn the process of data analysis. Students will use an Excel spreadsheet designed to use simplified data analysis to generate an equation.
The following materials are provided in both Word and PDF format:
• A set of objectives for both the lecture and lab portion of data analysis (dataanalysis_objectives.doc/pdf)
• A PowerPoint presentation on both graphical and data analysis
• A lab sheet with directions and sets of data for students to analyze
The lab sheet also provides four data analysis problems for practice and two data analysis problems for homework
• An answer key with all of the work and answers for both graphical and data analysis for all data sets
• An Excel spreadsheet that students can use to practice the process of data analysis
• A set of instructor’s notes (this sheet)
The files are downloaded as a Zip file.
The PowerPoint presentation can be used to 1) review the steps to graphical analysis, 2) explain the process and procedure of data analysis, and 3) introduce the Excel spreadsheet that will be used.
The data analysis lab includes three sets of data on the first page and 25 sets of data with varying relationships. Each student will get one of the 25 sets and each lab group can choose one of the three sets of data. Students are required to submit both a graphical analysis and a data analysis solution showing the final equation for both solutions (which should be pretty much the same). They can use the data analysis Excel spreadsheet to do the data analysis.
This product is part of the bundle:
Physics - Newton's Three Laws Unit - Click and Teach Bundle
Copyright 2013 Multimedia Science. All rights reserved.
Purchaser may duplicate materials for use with all students in their classes only. Purchaser may modify materials but must retain the original copyright notices. None of these materials, even if modified, can be used for commercial purposes or placed on public networks or on the Internet.
MULTIMEDIA SCIENCE LINKS
Using Games In Education
data, data analysis, graphical analysis, experiment, graphs, equations, data analysis, physics, mechanics, science