Science Poems and Activities for Primary Grades
Also included in
- Do you use a Poem of the Week program in your classroom? You can use poems to teach comprehension strategies, phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, and fluency. The poems are perfect for close reading and the accompanying activities encourage student reflection and response. There are 40 originalPrice $13.60Original Price $17.00Save $3.40
- Poetry, Science, and Math...OH, MY! Supercharge your STEM instruction with these integrated resources. Students will use the original poems to explore concepts and ideas in science and math. Activities included in the bundle will engage students at a high level as they apply those concepts and ideasPrice $15.00Original Price $19.60Save $4.60
- Engage your students with poetry! This Poem of the Week MEGA BUNDLE includes all of my Poem of the Week resources. Using poetry is a great way to supplement your reading program and to integrate math, science, and social studies content. All resources in the bundle include suggestions for use and inPrice $92.60Original Price $123.50Save $30.90
Need more time to teach science? These original Science Poems and Activities are a great way to integrate science instruction with your literacy instruction. Reading these poems with your students will stimulate their interest in science, introduce vocabulary, and increase understanding of science concepts.
Teachers can use the poems to teach phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension as a supplement to district reading programs.
Each poem has an activity to supplement your district's science curriculum.
⭐ Poems and activities include:
- I Can Be a Scientist (poem)
- I Can Be a Scientist (stationery - 2 versions - with and without primary lines)
- My Five Senses (poem)
- I Learn About the World (*new poem added October 2019)
- My Five Senses (observation sheet)
- I Look Through My Wonder Window (poem)
- Wonder Window template color
- Wonder Window template black and white
- Little Egg, Little Egg (poem)
- Little Egg, Little Egg (mini-booklet)
- Bugs (poem)
- My Bug Investigation (activity sheet)
- What’s For Lunch (poem)
- Animal Investigation (activity sheet)
- Springtime (poem)
- Springtime Scavenger Hunt (activity sheet)
- What’s the Matter? (a riddle poem)
- What’s the Matter? (a riddle poem) with pictures
- What’s the Matter? (sorting activity)
⭐ Teaching suggestions are included. Teachers may use the poems as a part of their Poem of the Week routine or to introduce or review science concepts.
✅ This product is also part of three bundles:
STEM Poems and Activities Bundle
✅ If you like using poetry to enhance your instruction, you may also enjoy
A Kind and Caring Classroom: Poems of the Week that Promote Good Character and Patriotic Poems and Activities for Primary Grades.
✅ To find out more about implementing a Poem of the Week program in your classroom, visit my blog, Theresa's Teaching Tidbits.
❤️ After your purchase, don't forget to rate the product and leave feedback. You'll earn TpT credits toward future purchases!
❤️ If you would like to be notified when I add new resources, click here to follow my store!