Learn about your students' thoughts and feelings about science at the start of the year by having them complete this two-page questionnaire.
Included questions are:
1. What did you learn about last year in science?
2. What was your favorite part about science last year? Why?
3. Do you like science class? Why or why not?
4. What is one thing about science that can be difficult for you? Why?
5. This year, our focus will be on __________________________.
What do you already know about this topic? Share what you know in the box below. You can share facts, words, or anything that comes to mind about the topic above.
6. What are some things you hope that we will do in science class this year? Are there any special projects or activities you might like to do?
7. As your teacher, what I can do to help you be successful in science class?
Please view the thumbnails to see the sample pages.
You may also want to check out my Science Textbook Scavenger Hunt.
Please note: This questionnaire comes in other versions as well:
Math Questionnaire (Back to School)
Social Studies Questionnaire (Back to School)