Also included in
- These 40 original science articles can be used to increase reading comprehension and science literacy. The leveled science reading passages cover a variety of different science-themed topics and are designed to engage your middle school science students with an article, questions, and a mini-proje$49.99$80.00Save $30.01
Students study heroic acts during natural diasters by reading a nonfiction article about when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston. They then complete comprehension questions, design a fundraiser, and create a poster for it.
The science reading passage can be used to increase reading comprehension and science literacy. The leveled science reading passage is designed to engage your middle school science students with an interesting article, questions, and a mini-project.
- The science passage is appropriate for grades 6 - 8 middle school (and higher-level 5th graders).
- Lexile levels: 1100-1300 (2 leveled articles)
- The science article has corresponding questions and a mini-activity.
- There are typically 5-7 questions for each reading passage in this product line.
- The mini-project is hands-on and interactive.
- Students can annotate the text with highlights, underlines, circles, and stars to identify their answers in the informational text and improve critical thinking skills.
- Cornell notes template included for students if needed.
- Detailed student directions are included on the activity page.
- Engaging, colorful graphics that can easily be printed in grayscale.
The science reading passage now includes files for your remote learning environments such as Google Classroom. The article now includes:
- Online Student Answer Sheet (using Google Forms) for the reading passage
- Distance learning directions PPT and video tutorial
- PDF of the on-level reading passage without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of the modified-level reading passage without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of Student Answer Sheet (can be sent to students) for use with PDF editors when Google Forms aren't allowed
- The science reading passage is great for absent students, students in ISS, extra credit, science sub plans, and whole-class instruction.
- Teachers can use the leveled article in a variety of ways: create a routine with students by assigning the passage throughout a unit, use the reading passages to build science literacy when teaching a specific topic, or build science reading comprehension.
- The article provides the opportunity for excellent classroom discussions.
- This unique article was written for the sole purpose of building students’ textual analysis and reading comprehension skills.
The full bundle (previously titled "Informational Text Science Journal") is a separate product and contains 40 original science reading passages.
All of the science articles are written by Chris Kesler & The SuperHERO Teacher.
Copyright © Kesler Science, LLC and the SuperHERO Teacher. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.