Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Want to take your science content to the next level? Clear language helps students comprehend complex concepts. The best part is your students won't realize that you're integrating reading with science on purpose! Now you can with these science reading comprehension passages and questions.
- students to have a more excellent knowledge of the topic
- reading passages aligned with ELA standards
- ease of assigning online or with a substitute
- squeeze in more science
Teachers love these print and go reading passages because they integrate science with reading. These worksheets are easy enough to leave for a substitute! I've included ELA questions on each reading passage so that students get more focused practice.
- main topic and main idea
- authors purpose
- determine word meaning
- compare and contrast
- text features
- use illustrations and words to demonstrate understanding
These are short, one-page reading passages to save you time and ink! These short reading passages are helpful for students as they focus on one concept.
- interactive journals
- independent reading centers
- small reading groups (here's on how to do that)
- speech articulation
- science warm-ups
- whole group lessons
Here'sexplaining all the different ways you can use these reading passages!
I've included over reading passages in this bundle, meaning you can use more than one reading passage per week for easy grades.
- half to a whole-page reading passage for a quick lesson
- worksheet or graphic organizer to extend learning*
- 4-5 comprehension questions and one written comprehension question to integrate ELA standards**
- answer keys for easy and quick grading
*Solar System and Heat Energy do not include additional worksheets
**Weather, Sound, and Inherited Traits do not have a written comprehension question.
- Students understand motion and factors that affect motion.
- Force and Motion
- Newton's Laws
- Push & Pull
- Types of Forces
- Faster and Slower
Earth's - Students compare the structures of the Earth's surface.
- Caves & Caverns
- Glacier & Icebergs
- Peninsulas & Islands
- Oceans & Seas
- Rivers & Streams
- Valleys & Canyons
- Volcanoes & Mountains
- Students recognize how energy can be transferred from one object to another.
- Heat Production
- Heat Transfer
- Students understand human body systems and how they are essential for life: protection, movement, and support.
- The Skeletal System
- Bone Growth
- Bones that Protect
- Muscular System
- Types of Muscles
- Super Skin
- Students remember that organisms differ from or are similar to their parents based on the organism's characteristics.
- Inherited Traits
- Acquired Traits
- Emperor Penguins
- Polar Bear
- Rare Red Hair
- Pea Plants
- Students understand how plants survive in their environments.
- Plant Structure
- Flowering Plants
- Conifer Life Cycle
- Plant Needs
- Pollination & Seeds
- Plant Climates
- Environmental Changes
- Dirt & Soil
- Soil Minerals
- Organic Materials
- Soil Organisms
- Soil & Plant Growth
- Students recognize the significant components and patterns observed in the earth/moon/sun system.
- The Sun
- The Earth
- Our Moon
- Our Solar System
- Students understand the relationship between sound and vibrating objects.
- Getting Vocal
- Hearing Sound
- Pitch Perfect
- Good Vibrations
- Wondrous Waves
- Students understand patterns of weather and factors that affect climate.
- Weather Conditions
- Weather Patterns
- Types of Clouds
- Wild Weather
- Sun as Energy
This resource will help prepare your students for state standardized testing because it builds background knowledge with science topics and integrates ELA standards.
My students made over a year's worth of growth on their state standardized reading assessments using these reading passages!!
- "Happy to find this science treasure that goes along with ELA standards too!"
- "These give much more information than our science textbook!"
- "Students enjoyed reading this more than the book!"
- "I highly recommend this product. I have found this resource is versatile for my classroom and for all types of learners or teachers."
You may also like these similar resources:
Hey, are we connected yet? It pays to follow Simply STEAM. Tap the star to be notified when new resources are added at 50% off.
Let's get connected!