This is a bundle of 6 groups of science related Root Words. This bundle is geared more towards Life Science, but could be used for any science class. I've included Latin and Greek Roots and some are repeated if I deemed them important or if students struggled and needed to see them again. For each of the 6 lists, you will find (all in editable word format):
1. Vocab List
2. Vocab Game (I Have, Who Has format)
3. Vocab Quiz
4. Vocab Quiz Answer Key
• I typically hand out the vocab list to my students on Friday and have them make a foldable or notecards or some other study device of their choice.
• The following week we start each class with a round of the vocab game, “I Have, Who Has”. Using the included vocab game document, cut into strips and randomly pass out. I put mine on cardstock and laminated so they last from year to year. If you have a small class I will give each student 2 or 3 cards. This takes less than 3 minutes and is a great bell-ringer/warm up to get kids going.
• At the end of the month (or week) students take the quiz.
• I have found great success with this method and my kiddos typically do very well on the ACT and standardized testing with a greater understanding of science root words. Enjoy!
- If you enjoy this bundle, please check out Vocab Bundle 1, which places more of an emphasis on Physical and Earth Science root words