The STAAR Science Matter Review: Birdbath Investigations includes a set of activities designed to review mixtures, solutions, and relative density concepts. The materials highlighted in the reading passage and used in the lab are examples of substances that have appeared on Grade 5 STAAR Science items.
The Birdbath Investigations Reading Passage provides a real-life situation that will help students build background for the lab activity. It will also help students build reading stamina and fluency. The lab and follow-up activities can be used in stations, as mini-lessons, or for whole-class instruction.
This pack includes:
• Birdbath Investigations Reading Passage
• Birdbath Lab and Recording Sheet
• Birdbath Investigations Activity Analysis
• Question Cards for Assessment
• Answer Cards for Group Response Options
These activities are aligned to TEKS student expectations tested at Grade 5.