#1 Science Safety Contract - Freebie in our Store
This Science Safety Contract includes:
- Student contract (to be signed by each student and his/her parent or guardian)
- Print-out of the Science Safety Rules that can be copied and inserted into each student’s notebook for easy reference.
-Tips and background information to help you utilize this important tool in your classroom.
#2 This Science Safety Powerpoint & Notes includes:
- Science Safety Powerpoint with teacher notes
- Differentiated student hand-outs (college prep, at-level, and modified).
To differentiate instruction for your students, three different handout levels are included:
- No written prompts.
- A focus on developing note-taking skills.
- An opportunity to discern and record any important information.
- Fill-in-the-blank note-taking handout.
- Extra space for open-ended note taking.
- Fill-in-the-blank note taking handout.
- Helps students with an array of challenges (ESL, special needs, etc.) to be successful and master the science safety content.
#3 Science Safety Task Cards
Science Safety Task Cards are a great way to review and reinforce concepts related to safety in a science classroom. Included in this set:
32 task cards
- 10 multiple choice
- 22 short response
Student Answer Document provided
Answer Key provided
Task Cards with Answers on so that printing answers on the back of the cards is an option.
Suggestions on how to use task cards also provided.
Key concepts all related to science safety covered.
#4 Science Safety Assessment
This assessement is made up of:
- 16 multiple choice questions
- 2 extended response questions
- 1 extended response question that requires students to examine an illustration of a science lab and then identify correct and incorrect procedures.
- 6 true or false statements
This assessment can be used in multiple ways in the classroom:
- Summative assessment to evaluate student learning, skill acquisition, and achievement.
- Formative assessment to monitor student learning and to provide ongoing feedback to students.
#5 Science Safety Posters
These Science Safety Posters are intended to stand out in your classroom to illustrate the importance of safety within a science setting. We selected the yellow background because it's intense enough to grab the eye, yet light enough to allow the black letter to pop out. These roadside warning signs help students understand science safety rules and provide a quick-fun visual reference of those rules.
There is no one right way to hang these posters in the classroom. Here are a couple of recommendations on how extend the life of your investment and to highlight the resource your classroom.
1. Print posters on a bright cardstone for a little extra heft
2. Laminate each poster or use a spray-mount adhesive to adhere
them to foam-core board, cut to size.
3. Use 3M Command Strips to attach the posters to any surface while also protecting the surface from damage.
4. Install posters straight up and down to visually reinforce the concept that Lab Safety is not a light-hearted matter.
When printing this product feel free to print the yellow version on white cardstock/ paper or use the black & white version to save ink and print on any color paper you like!
Since Lab Safety is the foundation of all lab-based inquire and having visual ques in the classroom helps remind students the elements of safety and encourages them to behavior according to those rules.