Increase student writing in science by providing structured scaffolding for conclusions, observations, and compare/contract paragraphs! These frames are scaffolding for your struggling students in science and enable you to differentiate to meet the needs of all students. They work well for students with special needs who are in an inclusion setting and for English Language Learners. Frames give students a frame of reference for their writing and lower the physical demand of writing. For my students, these frames often are the difference between not even starting the work or failure to complete it versus a complete paragraph that conveys their learning.
These frames can be used to scaffold for students in elementary school in the following standards:
These can also support middle school students with significant struggles in the following standards:
♦ Four versions of frames are included for three paragraph types:
- Compare and contrast
♦ The 4 versions of each allow you to differentiate and use a format that works logistically for your classroom:
- Projectable full-page frame
- Printable half-sheet frame, perfect for interactive notebooks
- Full page, guided frame. One includes sentence starters, one does not.
Please see the thumbnails and preview file for visual examples.
• See My Other Science Materials Here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.