Many teachers use "Starter" questions at the beginning of each class period. Starter Sheets can be used in any discipline, and they work especially well for science classes. Students of any age can use a Starter Sheet.
Why use “Starters”?
• Get all students to participate in the lesson
• Use a Starter question to begin a new unit and analyze students’ background knowledge
• It’s a great way to get students to start thinking and focusing on science topics
• Use a Starter question to introduce a new word or topic
• Assess student learning quickly and bring all students to the same level of understanding
• Use a Starter question to review concepts before a test
Download this free PDF and you will receive a teacher instruction sheet as well as a student starter sheet that can be copied again and again.