This is a unit that I did with my first graders to teach about living and non-living things.
The packet includes a presentation and a student workbook.
The presentation includes:
- Introduction to living and non-living
- The 3 types of living things (people, animals & plants)
- What living things can do (move, grow, eat, etc.)
- What living things need (food, water, etc.)
The student workbook includes:
- Fill-in and draw worksheets living and non-living things
- Sentence building worksheets for living and non-living
- Fill-in and draw worksheets for the 3 types of living things
- Fill-in and draw worksheets for what living things can do
- Sentence building worksheets for what living things can do
- Fill-in and draw worksheets for what living things need
- Differentiated instruction elements in the form of easy to cut out words and pictures for every section for students who have fine motor challenges.
My students really enjoyed doing this unit and I hope that your students will as well.
I have an ASL supported version of this unit available for free upon purchase and request.